Founded in 1984 as an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, Habitat NYC constructs new or renovates existing homes in the five boroughs of New York City for affordable homeownership by families in need. Our mission is to transform lives by building quality homes with families in need and by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of affordable housing.
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for developing and implementing donor-centric strategies to increase annual revenue from new and current mid-level donors through an annual campaign, monthly giving, peer-to-peer giving, fundraising and cultivation events, online giving, CFC, and other special campaigns and diverse individual revenue sources. The position is responsible for developing and managing systems and processes related to all key parts of mid-level individual giving fundraising. The ideal candidate will be a successful fundraiser, strategic and creative thinker, accomplished implementer, strong communicator and marketer, and collaborative team player to support the team in their fundraising efforts.
The position will report directly to the Director of Individual Giving within the Resource Development department. He/She will work closely with members of the Resource Development department, event consultant and Marketing and Communications team. This full-time position is in the Habitat for Humanity New York City local affiliate office. Donor solicitation is limited to our service area, which is the five boroughs of New York City.
- Works with Director of Individual Giving to develop an annual stewardship plan and budget for each functional area of mid-level individual giving,
- Manage portfolio of individual donors (mid-level giving); Coordinate all communication, cultivation, stewardship and recognition of portfolio managed donors. Consistently identify and upgrade donors and prospects when appropriate to Major Giving Portfolio.
- Collaborates with the team in the strategy, planning, development, execution, expansion, and evaluation of annual giving efforts.
- Build donor centric best practices for mid-level donors, with a focus on retention based philanthropy. Provides expertise and strategic recommendations for fundraising initiatives and ensures message continuity through direct mail and other fundraising efforts.
- Work with Marketing and Communications staff to oversee a large email list building programs, email appends, fundraising/list growth related online advertising initiatives, optimizing for overall engagement and ROI.
- Track and document the cultivation and solicitation of activities of mid-level giving prospects and donors in Raiser’s edge.
- Sets, tracks and prepares reporting on program analytics and goals.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum 4 years fundraising experience in functional areas of annual giving, including substantial time in the realm of individual and/or mid-level giving
- Experience in New York City preferred, no relocation assistance available.
- Demonstrated success creating strategic fundraising campaigns that communicate the case for support to various audiences, with specific experience in digital, and annual giving campaigns.
- Demonstrated success maintaining an enterprise-wide perspective and utilizing strong analytical skills to maximize ROI.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining disciplined adherence to program goals. Must work well under pressure.
- A deep, broad knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, and new approaches to fundraising such as peer-to-peer and monthly giving (Digital, peer-to-peer, monthly giving, etc).
- Ability to maintain professionalism while completing responsibilities in a precise, dedicated, and flexible manner.
- Experience managing and being accountable for budgets, fundraising targets and donor relationships
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to draft, proofread, and edit well-written emails, letters, and articles appropriate for donors.
- Creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit; someone who is willing to try new ideas and think “outside the box”.
- Must work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of staff across several departments.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred, and someone who understands the value of analytics
- Demonstrate ability in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate an affinity for the mission of Habitat for Humanity New York City.
Habitat NYC Administrative Offices: 111 John St. 23rd Floor New York, NY, ability to travel among the five boroughs
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, evenings and weekends as required
Careers at Habitat for Humanity New York City are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Julia Diegel at email@example.com.