Are you a creative, but detail-oriented? A little left brained and a little right brained? Then you may be just right to volunteer to help with Habitat NYC marketing and communications. Our MarComm department, made up of two full-time employees, is looking for a dedicated volunteer to join their team at least 10 hours/two days a week. Tasks, which range from helping with website updates to social media copywriting, will stretch creative problem solving and give the satisfaction of checking off lists. Bring your passion, and we will teach you the rest! Join our team and help us make sure every New Yorker knows about Habitat NYC’S work.
- Help update and maintain WordPress website
- Assist with planning and implementing social media posts and campaigns
- Organize archive of digital photography, selecting photos for use in marketing materials
- Assist with creation of PowerPoint presentations for staff
- Provide administrative support to Marketing and Communications team
- Interest in nonprofit marketing and communications
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of or interest in learning WordPress CMS
Habitat NYC office, downtown Manhattan. Minimum of 10 hours a week.
Volunteer positions at Habitat for Humanity New York City are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and brief introduction outlining your qualifications and interests to Devon Shaughnessy at email@example.com.