Habitat NYC is seeking a Post Purchase Associate to assist with and expand the Post Purchase programs within the Housing Services department. The Associate will report to the Senior Director of Post Purchase and Preservation, and provide technical assistance, training, education, and pre- and post-purchase services to Habitat Homebuyers and Homeowners in addition to being actively involved in the Housing Services department as a whole, and develop and improve policies and procedures within the organization
- Plan, implement, and provide post purchase strategies in line with the organization’s strategic planning
- Work closely with External Affairs team to execute communications content and strategies for engaging the Habitat NYC homeowner community.
- Coordinate education and training opportunities with local organizations for Habitat NYC applicants, Homebuyers, and Homeowners, including our Financial Education program.
- Maintain and build relationships with partner agencies/organizations involved in homeownership and post purchase
- Work with supervisor to maintain and expand upon our Homeowner Help Desk series, which includes trainings on property tax benefits and assessments and asset management for Habitat Homeowners. Additional topics we would like to cover include permanent affordability and Community Land Trusts, keeping your home affordable and energy efficiency measures and opportunities, and other relevant resources and information for low to moderate income NYC
- Conduct post purchase related trainings as part of our Homeownership Program and work closely with Housing Services team to review and edit as necessary the post purchase curriculum for homebuyers including How to Be a Good Neighbor; Co-op Board Trainings; and Maintenance, Repair, & Your New
- Provide assistance in asset management, compliance, and foreclosure prevention to Habitat NYC single-family
- Provide monitoring and compliance services for Habitat multifamily developments, including asset management, budget preparation, election facilitation and certification.
- Coordinate warranty management of housing units in partnership with the Real Estate & Construction
- Provide bi-weekly reporting to supervisor and the Housing Services
- Support the quarterly management reporting for the organization’s board meetings and Habitat for Humanity International.
- Work closely with Housing Services team to continue to develop the department’s client management system in HomeKeeper to meet all Post Purchase program needs.
- Active participation in the Homeownership Program in order to understand the design, type, makeup, and regulatory requirements of projects that will eventually be in the Post Purchase program.
- Specifically, assist Senior Manager of the Homeownership in:
- End loan coordination; gathering and organizing required documents prior to homebuyer loan closings.
- Filing and updating homebuyer records in HomeKeeper.
- Quarterly reports for subsidy partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Affordable housing experience related to community/tenant organizing, asset management, post purchase, technical assistance, foreclosure prevention, and/or community land trusts;
- Experience or familiarity with NYC or NYS/federal funding, reporting, and compliance guidelines;
- Experience working in diverse, immigrant communities including multi-ethnic and multi- generational communities
- Curriculum development and adult education and training experiencs
- Personal social awareness of or interest in complex systems and structures that promote, support, or facilitate racial, social, and economic injustice and a driving passion to dismantle and rebuild these systems for the benefit of disenfranchised individuals, families, and communities.
- Communication: Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media; willingness to invite response and incorporate feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Good computer literacy skills with database knowledge preferred;
- Mission-minded: Keeps the organization’s mission, vision, and values at the forefront of employee decision making and actions; ensures alignment of organization’s strategic plan and agency practices.
- Teamwork: Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines;
- English; bilingual, English and Spanish preferred
- Public speaking
This position will be located at Habitat NYC’s main office in lower Manhattan, 111 John St., 23rd Floor, NY, NY 10038. Regular hours will be weekdays between 9am and 5pm, with an hour allotted for lunch each day. Flexibility and ability to travel to project locations throughout the 5 boroughs will be necessary. Dependent on project needs, evenings and weekends may be required.
Careers at Habitat for Humanity New York City are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. [Please note the job title in the subject line of the email.]
Habitat for Humanity New York City is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap, veteran or marital status.