Brush With Kindness Site Leaders engage and direct Habitat NYC’s volunteers and future homeowners on our revitalization and preservation projects; they are an integral part of our building team and work to insure that all volunteers have a safe and meaningful experience and that projects are completed on budget and on time.
- Provides onsite orientation to Habitat NYC volunteers that includes overview of organization, tasks/building instructions for the day and comprehensive safety information.
- Leads and engages volunteers in their assignments for the day
- Monitors site for safety compliance.
- Monitors inventory of tools and equipment; orders, stores, organizes and tracks all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) and items necessary for volunteers to work successfully.
- Sets up all necessary tools and supplies for each day, such as ladders, paint, brushes, signage, volunteer waivers, etc.
- Supports recycling and a clean site by removing all trash from site on a timely basis and encouraging volunteers to use designated recycling receptacles.
- Insures successful on site execution of fundraising and advocacy initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants are encouraged to have their OSHA 10 certification.
- Customer service experience a plus.
- Previous professional painting experience a plus.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills required.
- Basic painting skills.
$15 dollars an hour, per seven hour work day, not to exceed 35 hours a week or receive overtime pay. Temporary employee to be paid via check upon receipt of a bi-weekly timesheet signed by Supervisor.
Site Leaders work full time, 35 hours a week, Tuesdays – Saturdays, 8am – 4pm. From time to time may be required to work special events on Sundays and holidays.
Careers at Habitat for Humanity New York City are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at email@example.com with the subject heading “Brush With Kindness Site Leader.”