Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes - Habitat New York City’s car donation program and support local families.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in New York City. When you donate your car, we make it quick and easy. Also, your donation could be tax deductible.
Habitat for Humanity New York City accepts cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles whether they are running or not. And, towing is always free!
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity?
- 100% of proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support our work in the Big Apple.
- Donations may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s quick and easy to arrange your donation. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in New York City?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork is needed to donate a car in the state of New York?
New York State will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car. To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Habitat for Humanity New York City transforms lives by building quality homes with families in need and by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of affordable housing.