Habitat NYC builds affordable, high-quality homes for first-time homebuyers throughout the five boroughs of New York City. Currently, we are accepting applications for homes in Brooklyn and Queens. Our homes are designed for 2 – 6 member households and bring stability, safety and space for your family.
With a Habitat for Humanity New York City home, your monthly housing costs are typically no more than 33% of your family’s total household income. Habitat NYC, in conjunction with State of New York (SONYMA), offers 1% down payment, 30-year, 2% fixed-interest rate mortgage.*
Requirements for Habitat Homeowners:
- Meet HUD established house hold income guidelines
- Provide 1% cash down payment
- Establish a monthly savings account
- A FICO Credit Score of 620 or higher
- Have no accounts in collection, no charge-offs or unsatisfied public records
- No bankruptcies in the last 3 years
- Be a first-time homebuyer
To see if you qualify for a Habitat home and for more information, click here.
*Contingent upon availability of funds
Habitat for Humanity New York City Transforms Lives and Our City by Building Quality Homes for Families in Need and by Uniting All New Yorkers Around the Cause of Affordable Housing.