Faith and Community
“Habitat NYC is a faith-rooted housing ministry. We mobilize people of faith, and of conscience, to build and advocate for affordable housing. Our faiths empower and enjoin us to undertake the work of charity and justice. In response to that sacred summons, we work together to provide shelter for those in need and create a more just City for all.” – Habitat NYC Universal Statement of Faith Values
To sign on as a Faith Partner or to get more information about our program, please contact Frances Hardy at (212) 991-4000, ext. 312 or by email at email@example.com.
Being a Faith Partner means that you agree to:
- Pray for those in need of affordable housing and those advocating for more of it.
- Preach and Teach about the housing crisis and what can be done to solve it.
- Volunteer by building on a Habitat worksite.
- Give through raising funds to build more homes.
- Advocate for housing justice through our city, state, and federal advocacy campaigns. In order to participate, we encourage our Faith Partners to assign a clergy or lay leaders from the congregation to serve as a Volunteer Coordinator and an Advocacy Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all volunteer opportunities with Habitat NYC and to recruit members of the congregation to build with us.
The Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for all advocacy actions related to Habitat NYC's advocacy campaigns. They will also be asked to recruit members of their congregation to participate in advocacy-related events and actions.
Faith institutions who sign up to be Habitat NYC Faith Partners will receive advocacy action alerts, and invitations to participate in a number of Habitat NYC events and volunteer opportunities.
Habitat for Humanity New York City transforms lives by building quality homes with families in need and by uniting all New Yorkers around the cause of affordable housing.
Thank you Voya Financial for your incredible work on Staten Island!